Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Friendshif Man Loves Kiss of Nadal Courtside

A Friendshif Man Loves Kiss of Nadal Courtside


Posted on September 10, 2009
Rafael Nadal Interview
U.S. OPEN - September 8, 2009
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
R. NADAL/G. Monfils
6-7, 6-3, 6-1, 6-3
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.
Q. It was a very difficult opening set. He really was challenging you in that opening set. Suddenly you just seemed to take control of the match. Can you explain the transition, what happened to you in the match tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, first two sets was really tough, really hard physically and I think the tennis was very good level.
I was playing really well the first set, too, no? I lost my serve in the 2-1, 3-1 I think was, 2-1, 3-1, but with unbelievable points, very long points. I thought I finish the points a few times, but the ball was coming back.
No, no, I think I came back well in the 5-4 playing very good game to break back. And in the tiebreak he didn't had any mistake with his serve. He play all first serves, so he beat me the first set, was tough.
But I still there, and physically it was tough for both. But I think for him a little bit more.
Saying he has "zero tolerance for spectators who fail to conduct themselves responsibly," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown charged Noam U. Aorta, 23, with criminal trespass and interfering with a professional sporting event.
Nadal, who is refusing to comment on the state of his suspect knees, is wary of the challenge presented by the 11th seed.
"Very good tennis, unbelievable forehands, I know him very well. He knows me very well. I have to play aggressive," he said.
"If he gets control of the point with his forehand, it's almost impossible to beat him. So I have to play inside, play aggressive, and make him feel not comfortable in every shot."
"For me it wasn't a problem," Nadal, who appeared unruffled, told reporters about the encounter. "The guy was really nice. He was a great fan, he said 'I love you' and he kiss me."
District Attorney Richard Brown, however, called it "particularly disturbing" because Aorta made physical contact with Nadal. Brown noted that Monica Seles was stabbed in the back in 1993 by a spectator on a tennis court in Hamburg, Germany
Aorta, 23, of Queens, will be charged with third-degree criminal trespass and interfering with a professional sporting event, prosecutors said. If convicted, he faces a maximum one year in jail and $5,000 in fines.
Attorney information for Aorta wasn't immediately available.

No comments:

Post a Comment